Red Barn Cafe-

Life is hectic - Savor every Bite!








Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Southwest Chopped Chicken Salad

A version of this is making the rounds on Pinterest. Since I always make a recipe my own, here is my version. ALso, I prefer to use my own spice mix- no preservatives and much less salt.
Ingredients:

2 cups shredded chicken(I used a Rotisserie chicken from the deli)
1 can black beans, rinsed
2 ears of jersey corn, cooked and chopped form the cob and chilled)
2 jersey tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, sliced
1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup small black olives
1 ripe avocado, diced
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 lime- juiced- half for salad and half for dressing
dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp ranch dressing

1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 lime juiced
1/2 tsp chili powder

Squeeze half thelime on avacado as soon as you dice it. Combine the salad dressing ingredients. Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour dressing over, mix well. Chill until ready to serve then add  1 cup crushed blue torilla chips.



No comments: