I made these for dinner, originally intending to make Cat Cora's version, but didnt have all her ingredients, didnt want the sauce...etc. Here's my version.
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt1 tsp dried oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Flatbread, cut into squares
- thinly sliced seedless cucumbers
- plain greek yogurt
- avacado slices
Preheat grill to medium-high heat
Grill meatballs, turning once, 8-12 minutes or until cooked through. Or, you can sautee in olive oil in nonstick pan, finish cooking in a 350 degree oven.
Take a piece of flat bread and spread with yogurt, cucumber, avacado and arugula. Place a patty on top and fold in half.