Red Barn Cafe-

Life is hectic - Savor every Bite!








Sunday, February 12, 2017

CrockPot Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I love the Crockpot, and had some leftover corn chips so I put this together. It's one of those things you can tweak according to what you may have. It's only seven  basic ingredients. Enjoy.

3 chicken breasts, about 1 1/3 lb. skinless, boneless
1 package Frontera Green Enchilada Sauce
1 1/2 cups (approx) white corn chips, I use the Garden of Eatin
1 1/2 cups (approx) grated cheddar cheese
1 can black beansm rinsed and drained
1 can Ortega green chilies.
3/4 - 1 cup low sodium chicken stock (I use Rachel Ray's)

Crush the chips slightly and layer in bottom of crockpot. Add half the sauce. Add black beans, then place chicken on top and add the rest of the sauce and the chilies. Pour chicken stock over. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours. Take chicken out and shred, then add back in, cover with cheese and cook an additional hour or so.

As you can see in the picture, I added a few black olives I had on hand. You can add salsa, chopped tomatoes, corn, cilantro.

No comments: