Red Barn Cafe-

Life is hectic - Savor every Bite!








Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Shrimp "Fried Rice" Cauliflower

Shrimp "Fried Rice " Cauliflower is a take on my favorite take-out- fried rice. I had seen this idea but didn't think I would like it- maybe the texture would be off? Guess what? I was craving fried rice and my tablet wasn't charged, so I came up with this/. Feel free to embelish as you like. I like it, hope you do too!

Ingredients:

1/2 large onion, chopped
2-3 carrots, diced
1/2 lb or 6 stalks asparagus, trimmed into 2" pieces.
1 head of cauliflower, rinsed and trimmed
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 - 1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 lb fresh shrimp

1 tbsp coconut oil
plus 1 tbsp coconut oil
1-3 tsp Sirachha hot sauce (if desired)>

Put half the cauliflower in food processor** and pulse until it looks like rice. Remove to a bowl and do the same with the other half.

Get 2 skillets going- 1 tbsp coconut oil in each. Saute cauliflower in one and the onions and carrots and asparagus in the other for 3-4 min. Add shrimp to the vegetables and saute, add salt and pepper.
Add 1/4 cup water or vegetable stock to the cauliflower and cover. Simmer on low for 3-4 min. (I actually did this for 5 min, I like it very soft. When the shrimp is pink and firm it is done. You can add the hot sauce to the vegetables if you like it spicy. Toss with the cauliflower.

** If you do not have a food processor you can use a box grater and /or chop into fine pieces.

No comments: