Red Barn Cafe-

Life is hectic - Savor every Bite!








Friday, August 16, 2013

Autumn


I love summer- sunny days on the deck or at the shore, windows open, and the hours of daylight it gives us. BUT...there's just something in my soul that yearns for Autumn, almost as soon as the first cool day. I'm beyond the back-to-school shopping frenzy, but even that didn't dampen my Fall Spirit!

Fall things I love-
Pumpkin everything (pasta, soup, muffins, dip, pie, pastries, doughnuts, smoothies, I could go on.

The smells of Fall- leaves burning, fire pits, fresh, crisp air

Snuggling under a quilt, cozy sweaters.

The colors- the glorious leaves!

My husband and I took a trip to Vermont in the Fall one year, many years ago. It was one of the best trips we ever took, I loved everything about it. We saw horses drinking from a stream, passed countless barns (one of my favorite things- Barns and covered bridges).New England, like many places, really comes alive in the Autumn.

In college I would walk the mile and half to the ocean just to walk on the sand and watch the dark waves, something magical about that, too. A bunch of friends and I went to the beach and built a bonfire, we had to bundle up and later walked to a Bohemian place to have raspberry ice cream sodas and the best sandwiches I've ever had.


Another Fall memory was spent at a Bed and Breakfast in Bucks County Pa with friends of ours. It was (and still is) a sheep farm. We slept on huge antique beds, spent the afternoon by the fire, swung on the tire swing, watched the sheep and goats ramble on their pasture. Dinner and antiquing was the icing on the cake. And the breakfasts!!

Peddler's Village holds a special place in my heart- spent a Sunday every years for the past 22 years up there, brunch, shopping, buying homemade apple butter and fresh farm picked apples.

Hope you enjoy the Fall as much as I do...every season is special. xxx

No comments: