Red Barn Cafe-

Life is hectic - Savor every Bite!








Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mediterranean Pizza

I like making pizza's (alot) so I usually have some dough pre-made sitting int he freezer. I frequently use Ina Garten's pizza dough recipe and make it with half whole wheat flour/half unbleached flour. I take it out in the morning , put it in a lightly olive-oiled bowl and when I'm ready tto make it, it's ready. I also roast my red peppers by putting them on a sheet pan lined with foil in a 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes, turning once until skins are black. Then I let them cool, and peel the skins and discard seeds, and slice into strips.
Ingredients:
1 log fresh goat cheese
1-2 red peppers, roasted
Mediterranean seasoning- about 1- 2 tsp (or use mixture of lemon pepper, basil, oregano)
1-2 cloves crushed garlic
sea salt- 1/2 tsp
1/2 - 3/4 cup mushrooms slices that have been browned in butter
1 small package frozen spinach that has defrosted and drained (squeeze in a toel or paper towel to get most of the water out)
few tomato slices
2 tbsp olive oil
crushed red pepper flakes
handful grated cheese
corn meal
Sprinkle sheet pan with corn meal. Roll out dough to fit, as thick as you like it, but not too thin or it will get soggy with all the toppings. Rub crust with the garlic and brush the edges with olive oil. Cover wiith vegetables, sprinkle seasonings and add goat cheese slices or crumbles. Sprinkle wiht a little grated cheese and crushed red pepper flakes. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven until crust is lightly browne and cheese has melted slightly.
Note- you can also use fresh baby spinach leaves (I didn't have any today)

No comments: