Red Barn Cafe-

Life is hectic - Savor every Bite!








Friday, March 23, 2012

My Zen Iced Tea

It's beautiful today- 80 degrees in March and I can think of nothing better than planning our garden and making fresh iced tea. Here's my recipe. feel free to improvise!
6 tea bags- I always use a combo- today was 2 Lemongrass Mint, 2 English breakfast, 2 Green tea.
1/2 orange squeezed, I use the other half for garnish slices and put the rest in the tea itself
1/2 lime squeezed
1/2 lemon squeezed
5-7 tbsp agave I dont like it supersweet so I only use 4-5
1 1/2 gallons water.
Boil water in a large pot and tunr off heat. Add tea bags and let steep for 1 hour. Add juice to your pitcher , mix agave in tea, take out tea bags and add to pitcher. Refrigerate. I usually cant wait to try it so I fill my glass with ice, add a slice of orange or lemon and pour! Now, go relax and enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments: