Red Barn Cafe-

Life is hectic - Savor every Bite!








Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 6, Tuna and Tomato Pasta

I'm not sure which magazine I clipped this from, possibly Rachael Ray. I added a few things...
Originial recipe ingredients:
2 Tbsp xtra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup flat leaf parsley
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I like San Marzano)
salt and pepper
4 Tbsp butter
1 6 oz can white tuna in olive oil
1 lb medium pasta shells
I subbed SPinach pasta, my husband calls them "pea pod" pasta, I got in wegmans. I used tuna tonnato in olive oil instead of white tuna. Added a pinch pf red pepper flakes and dried oregano and basil, added a handful of kalamata olives and I only used 2 Tbsp butter. In my mind using 4 Tbsp butter is better used in a cake! I also added some plum and grape tomatoes I had from the garden.
In a large saucepan heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add garlic. Saute' for 1 min. Add 2 Tbsp of the parsley and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and some black pepper. (I did not think it needed salt) Cook over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 20 min, uncovered. Stir in the butter and then the tuna. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water cook the pasta and drain. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir in half of the rest of the parsley. Top with remaining parsley

No comments: