- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 half and half
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, save 10 whole to add to the top
- 2 8 oz containers mascarpone
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp half and half
- 1 white chocolate baking bar, shredded using a peeler or rasper.
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2) Rinse strawberries and cut off the stems. In a bowl, mash them with a wooden spoon until they are slightly macerated.
3) In medium bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
4) Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in mixer bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until combined. Do not overmix. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Add half the flour, some of the half and half and the rest of the flour until each just combined.
6) Fold in the strawberries by hand.
7) Divide the batter evenly, using a 1/4 cup measure or large spoon. Bake for 25 minutes.
8) Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, take cupcakes out of pan and cool completely.
You can use a pastry bag to pipe the frosting or use a spatula. I used a plastic zip lock bag, cut a small tip off one corner and used a decorative piping point. Top each cupcake with a strawberry half and the grated white chocolate.